Christian René Legère - Digital Product Owner
p: +852 9530 7306 @: email@example.com
I am a customer experience driven Product Owner for HSBC's Online Banking platform, with strong analytical skills and a
desire to execute digital projects from their conceptualisation to go-live. Experienced in SAFe Agile and data driven to deliver the best
solution for customers and the business. For me, building a strong team of digital experts and talented developers is the top priority
to ensure quality delivery, on time and budget.
- Over 12 years of web development experience
- Over 10 years experience in retail digital
- User experience design and testing
- Strong senior stakeholder management skills
understanding of financial regulations and compliance (including FATCA and CRS)
- Financial analytical skills
building and coaching
- Pragmatic problem solving
- Data analysis to optimise processes
Work History & Achievements
Global Product Owner, Asia Pacific - HSBC Group, Hong Kong
January 2017 - now
Transitioning into a Product Owner role gave me the opportunity to take direct control of the user experience over our digital
platform, driving its implementation across key strategic markets globally and the ability to improve the platform in an agile way.
- Design and implement a strategic global roadmap for HSBC's Online Banking
- Manage value and goals driven Product Backlog with key
- Focus on performance based, ease of use, task focused, data driven and operationally efficient experiences.
- Balance global platform requirements with local market requirements.
- Advise regional entities on how to
invest their budgets in digital to achieve their local goals.
- Improve the customer experience in markets with unsatisfactory customer scores.
- Transition teams from a waterfall methodology to SAFe Agile and DevOps; build a way-of-working that suits the digital business and its goals
- Successful Pilot launch of the new platform to HSBC India
- Newly formed
development team in Pune, India, operating in SAFe Agile.
- Established cross-functional operations between the UK, India and the
key Asian markets.
- Proven reusability of API based epics across markets in Asia to reduce time-to-market and costs.
- Established a new customer-centric way of building and testing customer experiences across a number of journeys including FX, International Payments and servicing features.
Senior Digital Market Development Manager, Asia Pacific - HSBC Hong Kong
October 2014 - December 2016
Supporting HSBC's Asia-Pacific regional countries on their digital sales and technology initiatives by helping to establish and
manage meaningful customer metrics, and gaining valuable customer insights through data analysis.
- Formulating consistent metrics that can be
applied across the region, and group.
- Accessing data for the purpose of generating ad-hoc and recurring Management
- Inability to effectively cross-sell to existing customer base through digital channels.
- Fine tuning
existing fulfilment process to increase conversion rates.
- Establishing a customer-needs driven culture that uses data insights
to drive technology.
- Successfully managed the roll out
of HSBC's latest digital banking platform in China.
- Together with HSBC Group, 8 key metrics have been established and are being
tracked on a regular basis.
- Using internal big-data systems, a standard and consistent monthly channel report was established
across the region, tracking previously unavailable customer channel information .
- Value Added Messaging through a new
opperations model has been established in key Asia-Pacific countries as a pilot phase to enhance cross-sell and servicing.
- Countries received support and guidance on implementing analytics based journey optimisation.
- HSBC Singapore successfully
improved their online Credit Cards conversion (14% increase) by implementing journey analytics and customer research to enhance leads
Short Term Assignment - HSBC Indonesia, Jakarta
November 2013 - February 2014
The assignment is to collaborate with HSBC Indonesia's new Digital team on a range of projects, provide training and support on the
channel management side, and to establish new customer experience initiatives to help increase channel penetration and cross-selling
through Internet and Mobile Banking.
- Continuing Transaction Data Signing roll-out.
- Accessing data for the purpose of generating ad-hoc and recurring Management
- Documenting processes and critical tasks of the department for continuity management and staff training.
- Retrieving or establishing systems access to ensure full control and ownership over the digital channels.
collaboration between important stakeholders for the purpose of keeping digital at top-of-mind for all staff.
experience analysis and management of complaints and feedback.
- Inability to effectively cross-sell to existing customer base
through digital channels.
- Fine tuning existing fulfilment process to increase conversion rates.
- Successfully resumed the Transaction Data Signing project and set targets for
- Introduced access to key MI systems and assisted in creating reports and dashboards for weekly and monthly MI, and
- Trained staff on documenting processes for the purpose of business continuity and staff cross-training.
- Guided the team through setting up profiles and access to various support and management systems.
- Worked with the Digital
team head and key stakeholders to create action plans for the ongoing development of initiatives to drive sales and channel
- Implementing customer experience changes to Internet Banking.
- Establishing customer segmentation tools for
cross-selling and targeted marketing.
Senior Digital Propositions Manager - HSBC Australia
March 2012 - October 2014
customer acquisition and usage for HSBC's digital channels, including Mobile Banking. Strategically manage the ongoing development of
business, marketing and technology initiatives to continuously enhance the customer experience and revenue generation.
- Deploy customer experience initiatives based on
feedback and usability analysis
- Manage projects and create detailed requirements
- Handle multiple projects and everyday
activities at a time
- Drive customer registrations and activity
- Focus on increasing Mobile Banking penetration
- Develop effective marketing activities to drive business targets
- Achieve as many enhancements as possible through in-house
solutions with limited resources or budget
- Pilot projects and create best-practice solutions for regional and group
- Manage business targets with limited budget and marketing support
- Addressed major customer complaint by implementing Internet/Mobile Banking "Lite" for more convenient
access, eliminated complaints
- Analysis and rewording of error message reduced customer mistakes and complaints by
- Successfully upgraded to the new Online Security Device for all Personal Internet Banking customers
- Effective communication with the branch network increased uptake of e-Statements from 48% to over 65% when
registering for Internet Banking
- In-house Internet Banking campaign space redesign increased Term Deposit uptake by
400%, E-Statement uptake by 100% month on month, since launch 49% of the banks total Term Deposits now come
from Internet Banking; No budget spent on redesign
- In the absence of marketing budget, used cost-effective/free
channels to communicate marketing and service messages to customers
- Implemented Android Mobile Banking app, major driver for Mobile
- Introduced HTML capabilities to Internet Banking messages without upgrading the core system, used budget of a
- Met and exceeded year on year revenue targets by up to 18.5%
Channel Manager, Personal Internet Banking - HSBC Australia
May 2010 - March 2012
Personal and Mobile Internet Banking and its day to day activities to drive customer activity, uptake in e-Statements, increase in NFI
and cross-sell opportunities.
customer registrations and activity
- Reduce paper statements by introducing E-Statements
- Increase Non-Fund Income (NFI)
and migrate customer transactions from other channels
- Create a cross-sell strategy for existing customers through Internet
- Deploy customer experience and regulatory projects
- Manage projects alongside business tasks
- Introduce Mobile Internet Banking
- Achieve as many enhancements as possible through in-house solutions or on a strict budget
- Achieved one of the highest registration % per
customer base in the HSBC Asia Pacific region, with 68% registered customers
- Exceeded 5 year target
e-Statement registration after 12 months since launch
- NFI targets exceeded by 13%
- New customer "straight through
applications" for select products made up 30% of all bank-wide sales in 2011 (launched Feb, 2011)
24/5 FX transaction capabilities introduced, increase of 30% in FX transactions. First retail bank in HSBC Asia Pacific
and amongst our local competitors to offer this functionality
- Australia piloted the first Mobile Banking launch for iPhone,
Android, Blackberry and Windows Phone in HSBC Asia Pacific; First to launch International Money Transfers on a smartphone in
Webmaster - HSBC Australia
March 2007 - May 2010
and update the www.hsbc.com.au website and comply with regulatory and best practice guidelines. Build sales campaigns and informative
customer content to facilitate sales and service enquiries.
- Ensure the website is up-to-date and accurate
- Comply with W3C standards and best practice
- Implement campaign landing pages supporting marketing materials on time
- Improve the online customer journey
to increase conversion of applications and leads
- Consult with internal stakeholders on online business needs and create action
- Achieved a SiteRay score of 9.3,
best in HSBC Group
- Reduction of errors from 50% to 10% for HSBC's online Credit Card application through
layout customer experience improvements
- Completed 100% of online campaigns and initiatives on time
- Designed in-house
customer online demos for Internet Banking which eliminated costly agency development (in excess of $100k)
- HSBC Credit Card
rewards website revamp provided data-base like features through a client-side solution to eliminate manual page updating through the
Web Designer / Customer Relationship Manager - ReNet Pty Ltd Australia
May 2005 - March 2007
- Design and develop websites, website templates
and training material for Real Estate agents actively using ReNet's online software
- Train and assist customers with the online
product, collected feedback and presented back to management and developers
- Manage the business relationship between
Domain.com.au and ReNet, manage Real Estate customers, and cross sell our online software
- Travel to conduct training and relationship building with Domain.com.au RM's, generate leads for
sales team to follow up
- Liaise with customers and gather feedback to pass to developers – work with the CEO to evolve
our online product
- In the time I worked at ReNet I successfully managed and looked after over 300 ReNet and
Bachelor of Multimedia
(Major in Interactive Design, 2002 - 2005);
Southern Cross University, NSW
High School Diploma
Bonneville High School, Year 10-12 (2000 - 2002);
Idaho Falls, Idaho, USA
(Secondary School Freyung, 1997 - 2000);
Freyung, Bavaria, Germany
Native in German
Native in English
Customer Experience / UX design
Health & Fitness